MEET OUR TEAMS:
Birmingham City Council is seeking a skilled Lead Application Support Engineer – DBA to join their Applications technology team. The role involves designing, implementing, maintaining, and securing Oracle and SQL databases. The ideal candidate should be a user-centric, motivated expert in Oracle DBA, capable of providing technical support to internal teams and working collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure optimal database performance and security in a fast-paced environment
What we are about
As the Application Support Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing and integrating support in a Multi-Disciplinary-Team environment. You will provide guidance to ensure we meet and maintain expectations of the highest quality. You will also be involved with developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, and for helping ensure the system is fully integrated with other core systems and processes
What you will do
- Provide functional and technical support for applications, including troubleshooting, issue resolution, support and maintenance.
- Collaborate with technical, product and delivery teams to support the efficient implementation of new solutions
- Identify and analyse application issues and provide solutions to customer issue and improve reliability
- Communicate with customers to provide updates on issues and resolutions.
- Manage user access and application level permissions
- Provide excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Utilise strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
We will support you with
- An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
- An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
- Training and development opportunities to help you progress and be the best you can be
- An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
- A benefit package designed to promote a great work life balance
- Exposure to all digital and technology teams and services areas across the council
This is an exciting time to be joining Birmingham City Council’s Digital and Technology Services Department. We are Europe’s largest local authority, and with unprecedented investment in people and digital, a solid strategy, empowering leadership and a newly redesigned service to get behind, we are building digital services centred on the needs of our citizens, business and communities that will deliver on Birmingham’s bold ambitions for the city of today and tomorrow.
We are a multidisciplinary team at the heart of transforming public services for the UK’s second largest city. We create, develop, deliver and operate an exceptionally diverse range of services that have a direct impact on improving the lives of 1.2m residents every day.
We are embracing and promoting a truly digital, human centred approach for the whole organisation, underpinned by collaboration, openness and innovation. We take advantage of unparalleled access to data, doing things at scale and using technology creatively to re-imagine the way services are delivered and build the digital council of the future
You must upload a Supporting Statement and CV via the attachments part of your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement and CV, your application will not be considered.
Closing date 10th July 2023 at 23.59
“Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information”
For any informal enquires please contact: Rita Chapman (email@example.com)
If you require this document in an accessible format, please email the Culture & Capability team using DTSCultureandCapability@birmingham.gov.uk.