MEET OUR TEAMS:
We have an exciting opening for an Associate Application Support Engineer to join our dynamic Applications team at Birmingham City Council. As an Associate Application Support Engineer, you’ll collaborate closely with our seasoned team to offer support and resolve issues in a prompt and efficient manner for various software applications and systems. Additionally, you’ll help implement new solutions.
The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic, user-centric individual with a passion for learning and self-development in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What we are about
As an Application Support Engineer, you will have the dual responsibility of supporting the current application portfolio and collaborating with Multi-Disciplinary-Teams to implement advanced solutions that fulfil business requirements.
Birmingham City Council highly regards teamwork, originality, and ongoing development. Our objective is to establish an environment that nurtures open dialogue and values each team member’s distinct traits and outlooks.
What you will do
- Provide functional support for applications, including troubleshooting, issue resolution, support and maintenance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the efficient implementation of new solutions
- Identify and analyse application issues and provide solutions to customer issues and improve performance & reliability.
- Communicate with internal stakeholder to provide updates on issues and resolutions.
- Work with an learn from an experienced team of Application Support Engineers
- Utilise strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with stakeholders
- Work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
We will support you with
- An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
- An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
- Training and development opportunities to help you progress and be the best you can be
- An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
- A benefit package designed to promote a great work life balance
This is an exciting time to be joining Birmingham City Council’s Digital and Technology Services Department. We are Europe’s largest local authority, and with unprecedented investment in people and digital, a solid strategy, empowering leadership and a newly redesigned service to get behind, we are building digital services centred on the needs of our citizens, business and communities that will deliver on Birmingham’s bold ambitions for the city of today and tomorrow.
We are a multidisciplinary team at the heart of transforming public services for the UK’s second largest city. We create, develop, deliver and operate an exceptionally diverse range of services that have a direct impact on improving the lives of 1.2m residents every day.
We are embracing and promoting a truly digital, human centred approach for the whole organisation, underpinned by collaboration, openness and innovation. We take advantage of unparalleled access to data, doing things at scale and using technology creatively to re-imagine the way services are delivered and build the digital council of the future.
You must upload a Supporting Statement and CV via the attachments part of your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement and CV, your application will not be considered.
Closing date 10th July 2023 at 23.59
“Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information”
For any informal enquires please contact: Sue Causer (email@example.com)
If you require this document in an accessible format, please email the Culture & Capability team using DTSCultureandCapability@birmingham.gov.uk.