MEET OUR TEAMS:
As a Capability Manager, you will provide support to employees of Digital and Technology Services throughout their entire employment experience. This includes participating in recruitment, onboarding, supporting both professional and personal growth, and overseeing offboarding
What we are about
We are an exciting new Culture and Capability Team, and our aim is to support the hiring, onboarding and offboarding, and development of our employees within our organisation.
Our key priorities are:
- To assist in the management of providing specialist talent management capabilities to our colleagues.
- To support, empower and enable colleagues to complete their work to the best of their abilities.
- To provide an excellent service to our colleagues from the start of their employee journey to the end.
- To recruit and retain top talent
Who you should be
You will have an opportunity to contribute to the transformation of our organisation to become a digital, user centred organisation.
- Support in campaigns to attract, recruit and onboard employees
- Work closely with peers in Digital and Technology Services to support and implement our People Strategy
- Contribute and assist in the appraisal process of our employees
- Assist in the planning of career pathways and succession planning
You will be:
- Passionate, open minded, forward thinking in your approach and love a challenge.
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- A team member with robust organisation skills.
- Adaptable and approachable.
We will support you with
- An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
- An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
- Training and development opportunities to help you progress and be the best you can be
- An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
- A benefit package designed to promote a great work life balance
- Exposure to all digital and technology teams and services areas across the council
If you require this document in an accessible format, please email the Culture & Capability team using DTSCultureandCapability@birmingham.gov.uk.