MEET OUR TEAMS:
We are excited to offer an opportunity for an experienced Senior Application Support Engineer to join our dynamic Applications technical team at Birmingham City Council. As a Senior Application Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing expert support for various software applications and systems. You’ll work closely with our functional, development, delivery, and security teams to ensure the smooth operation of our existing solutions and to collaborate in implementing new ones.
The ideal candidate should be a user-centric, highly motivated individual with extensive experience in providing expert technical support and guidance to internal teams. They should also be able to collaborate and work systematically with other stakeholders to ensure optimal implementation, performance, and support of a variety of solutions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What we are about
As a Senior Application Support Engineer, you will have the dual responsibility of supporting the current application portfolio and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to implement advanced solutions that fulfil business requirements.
Birmingham City Council highly regards teamwork, originality, and ongoing development. Our objective is to establish an environment that nurtures open dialogue and values each team member’s distinct traits and outlooks.
What you will do
- Provide expert functional and technical support for applications, including troubleshooting, issue resolution, support and maintenance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the efficient implementation of new solutions
- Identify and analyse application issues and provide solutions to customer issue and improve reliability
- Communicate with customers to provide updates on issues and resolutions.
- Create and update functional and technical documentation for applications you support
- Provide excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Utilise strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Coach and support other members of the Applications Support team
We will support you with
- An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
- An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
- Training and development opportunities to help you progress and be the best you can be
- An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
- A benefit package designed to promote a great work life balance
- Exposure to all digital and technology teams and services areas across the council
This is an exciting time to be joining Birmingham City Council’s Digital and Technology Services Department. We are Europe’s largest local authority, and with unprecedented investment in people and digital, a solid strategy, empowering leadership and a newly redesigned service to get behind, we are building digital services centred on the needs of our citizens, business and communities that will deliver on Birmingham’s bold ambitions for the city of today and tomorrow.
We are a multidisciplinary team at the heart of transforming public services for the UK’s second largest city. We create, develop, deliver and operate an exceptionally diverse range of services that have a direct impact on improving the lives of 1.2m residents every day.
We are embracing and promoting a truly digital, human centred approach for the whole organisation, underpinned by collaboration, openness and innovation. We take advantage of unparalleled access to data, doing things at scale and using technology creatively to re-imagine the way services are delivered and build the digital council of the future.
For informal enquiries please contact Rita Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you require this document in an accessible format, please email the Culture & Capability team using DTSCultureandCapability@birmingham.gov.uk.