MEET OUR TEAMS:
This is a thrilling opportunity to become part of a large dynamic, and collaborative delivery team that is committed to delivering sustainable, customer focused value. You will work alongside a diverse team to deliver cutting-edge digital products and services that will enhance the lives of our citizens, businesses, and colleagues.
What we are about
We are the Digital and Technology Services Delivery Team responsible for delivering innovative digital products and solutions. We are focused on delivering value and benefits to our internal customers to support them with achieving their strategic priorities and making a positive change to the lives of citizens and colleagues. Our team has played a crucial role in delivering high-profile initiatives such as the Commonwealth Games, Clean Air Zone and our in-house developed Birmingham Guardian app for field workers. With our new low-code development tool, we have even more potential to create great innovative solutions.
What you will do
This role will offer you the opportunity to be part of a a multi-disciplinary team working with our exciting new Product and Platforms team to help shape and deliver products and new digital services.
As a Senior Delivery Manager, you will:-
- Help to solve issues and unblock problems
- Work within multidisciplinary teams to scope, plan, forecast and estimate project delivery
- Act as servant-leader to your teams, ensuring they have what they need to work towards delivery commitments
- Engage in elements of risk, issue and dependency management
- Use a range of tools and processes to communicate plans and progress of delivery to a range of stakeholders
- Build successful delivery teams by influencing and motivating
- Create an open and collaborative working environment
Who you are
You will have the opportunity to help us transform as a truly digital user-centred organisation helping our colleagues to deliver value and benefits through digital products and solutions
- Have a passion for delivering sustained value to customers
- Able to help shape and influence digital transformations
- A sound communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable of working in an agile environment as part of multidisciplinary teams
We will support you with
- An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
- An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
- Training and development opportunities to help you progress and be the best you can be
- An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
- A benefit package designed to promote a great work life balance
- Exposure to all digital and technology teams and services areas across the council
This is an exciting time to be joining Birmingham City Council’s Digital and Technology Services Department. We are Europe’s largest local authority, and with unprecedented investment in people and digital, a solid strategy, empowering leadership and a newly redesigned service to get behind, we are building digital services centred on the needs of our citizens, business and communities that will deliver on Birmingham’s bold ambitions for the city of today and tomorrow.
We are a multidisciplinary team at the heart of transforming public services for the UK’s second largest city. We create, develop, deliver and operate an exceptionally diverse range of services that have a direct impact on improving the lives of 1.2m residents every day.
We are embracing and promoting a truly digital, human centred approach for the whole organisation, underpinned by collaboration, openness and innovation. We take advantage of unparalleled access to data, doing things at scale and using technology creatively to re-imagine the way services are delivered and build the digital council of the future.
You must upload a Supporting Statement and CV via the attachments part of your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement and CV your application will not be considered.
For informal enquiries please contact Jane James (email@example.com)
If you require this document in an accessible format, please email the Culture & Capability team using DTSCultureandCapability@birmingham.gov.uk.