MEET OUR TEAMS:
Joining our team presents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a group that is enthusiastic about providing services that prioritise our users. Your responsibilities will include providing day-to-day operational support by effectively managing and resolving standard, non-standard, or complex access management service requests using various platforms such as Active Directory, MS Azure, MS Exchange Powershell, and Office 365 Admin Centre.
In alignment with our Digital Strategy, you will also actively seek out opportunities to improve and automate the processes involved in offering and fulfilling service requests for our customers. Additionally, you will work collaboratively with our operations, product, delivery, platform, and business teams to streamline the service delivery process.
What we are about
We are currently transitioning towards a more streamlined and agile approach to delivery, which is an exciting time for our team. Placing our users at the forefront of our delivery process is crucial to creating products and services that effectively address real-life problems. We collaborate across multiple disciplines to co-create, design, and deliver services that positively impact the lives of Birmingham citizens.
The Digital and Technology Services Service Fulfilment Team is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment that prioritizes the wellbeing and balance of all team members. We aim to support our team by empowering them, offering coaching, and providing development opportunities, so they can reach their full potential.
What you will do
- Coordinate the fulfilment of access management requests relating to Active Directory accounts using Active Directory, MS Azure, MS Exchange Powershell and Office 365 Admin Centre platforms ensuring service requests are delivered according to organisational requirements and automated where possible.
- Coordinate the fulfilment of standard, non-standard, complex, or bulk service requests, ensuring service requests are delivered according to organisational requirements and automated where possible.
- Monitor and manage service requests and queues, efficiently identifying urgent and VIP service requests and resolving or forwarding them to specific groups as appropriate to meet agreed SLAs.
- Liaise and escalate service requests to other teams, departmental contacts or third-party suppliers where required and continuously monitor the service request’s processing status to ensure service levels are met.
- Work with users and service leads to resolve service requests across multiple platforms, services and applications, manage customer expectations, and review service requests to improve service automation, provision and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that customers receive friendly, professional, and consistent service regardless of the service request being dealt with.
- Constantly work to improve performance, using Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to make sure that users are receiving the best possible service.
- Identify and inform the Service Fulfilment & Automation Manager of any complaints and major incidents promptly and provide support as required through to resolution.
- Be a role model for our values and lead by example to help transform the organisation’s culture, fostering a high trust, empowered and inclusive environment where teams and individuals thrive and perform at their best.
We will support you with
- An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
- An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
- Training and development opportunities to help you progress and be the best you can be
- An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
- A benefit package designed to promote a great work life balance
- Exposure to all digital and technology teams and services areas across the council
This is an exciting time to be joining Birmingham City Council’s Digital and Technology Services Department. We are Europe’s largest local authority, and with unprecedented investment in people and digital, a solid strategy, empowering leadership and a newly redesigned service to get behind, we are building digital services centred on the needs of our citizens, business and communities that will deliver on Birmingham’s bold ambitions for the city of today and tomorrow.
We are a multidisciplinary team at the heart of transforming public services for the UK’s second largest city. We create, develop, deliver and operate an exceptionally diverse range of services that have a direct impact on improving the lives of 1.2m residents every day.
We are embracing and promoting a truly digital, human centred approach for the whole organisation, underpinned by collaboration, openness and innovation. We take advantage of unparalleled access to data, doing things at scale and using technology creatively to re-imagine the way services are delivered and build the digital council of the future.
You must upload a Supporting Statement and CV via the attachments part of your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement and CV your application will not be considered.
For informal enquiries please contact Cara Webb (email@example.com)
If you require this document in an accessible format, please email the Culture & Capability team using DTSCultureandCapability@birmingham.gov.uk.