MEET OUR TEAMS:
As a team member of the Software Development Practice at the council, you will be accountable for creating and updating digital solutions that assist the organisation in serving its constituents. You will thrive in collaborative teams, utilising agile methodologies to produce solutions that aid the council in providing quality services to the public.
What we are about
Our team comprises exceptionally proficient developers who are enthusiastic about their craft and constantly endeavouring to enhance their expertise. We collaborate closely with our clients to grasp their operational requirements and develop solutions that surpass their expectations. Our unwavering focus is on delivering top-notch software that enables our clients to streamline their processes, enhance productivity, and realise their objectives. We firmly believe that software development is not merely about writing code; it’s about devising solutions that bring about a positive change in people’s lives.
What you will do
- Design, develop and test high quality digital solutions.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Design, read and understand technical and business requirements.
- Work with external partners.
- Proactive engagement in the full development lifecycle including source code control and release management.
The Essential Skills You Need (a combination of the following)
- Source Code Control Systems (e.g., GitHub)
- Microsoft .Net Development
- Microsoft Power Platform
- M365 Platform
- RPA (especially UiPath)
- NetCall Liberty Create
- Unified Functional Testing
The desirable skills you should possess
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Chat and Voice Automation
We will support you with
- An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
- An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
- Training and development opportunities to help you progress and be the best you can be
- An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
- A benefit package designed to promote a great work life balance
- Exposure to all digital and technology teams and services areas across the council
This is an exciting time to be joining Birmingham City Council’s Digital and Technology Services Department. We are Europe’s largest local authority, and with unprecedented investment in people and digital, a solid strategy, empowering leadership and a newly redesigned service to get behind, we are building digital services centred on the needs of our citizens, business and communities that will deliver on Birmingham’s bold ambitions for the city of today and tomorrow.
We are a multidisciplinary team at the heart of transforming public services for the UK’s second largest city. We create, develop, deliver and operate an exceptionally diverse range of services that have a direct impact on improving the lives of 1.2m residents every day.
We are embracing and promoting a truly digital, human centred approach for the whole organisation, underpinned by collaboration, openness and innovation. We take advantage of unparalleled access to data, doing things at scale and using technology creatively to re-imagine the way services are delivered and build the digital council of the future.
You must upload a Supporting Statement and CV via the attachments part of your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement and CV your application will not be considered.
For informal enquiries please contact Gary Hurdman (email@example.com)
If you require this document in an accessible format, please email the Culture & Capability team using DTSCultureandCapability@birmingham.gov.uk.